Monday, February 05, 2007

Depending on the kindness of...aquaintances...

Well, I asked two people for help today. Coulda toughed it out myself in both cases, but didn't.

First, we'd left one of the doors of the van open. It was the automatic one, so I'm really not sure how that happened. And we hadn't been out in a couple days, so the battery was dead.

I could have called AAA but noticed my next door neighbor's SUV was there. We walked over and he was great about it. Little while later, we were on our way--taking the very, very looong way to Wal-mart!

Ran into Miss K in the store. Chatted about the pizza lunch we're all going to tomorrow, found out the auction this weekend made $15,000! I'd bought long spoons for a smoothie basket, which went for $150.

Got in line behind her and got a little help getting the groceries off the cart. She says that if I don't ask for more help, they are going to start showing up at my door! I mentioned that it's going to be tough getting out of here and she says they will do whatever it takes to help, even taking us to the airport at 5am. I'd have a really hard time asking for THAT, but I'll take some help.

Getting to Walmart an hour later than planned made the trip much harder, but we survived and the kids are really well behaved. They wandered away from me much more than I like, but it really was okay.

Evan now insists that his string cheese stay wrapped in the plastic. This makes it really tough when there's only a tiny piece left! H started crying in line. Poor little guy! I'm trying to get groceries in the cart and re-wrap his cheese stub at the same time. Finally got him another piece and then Mikey sang Itsy Bitsy Spider to him.

Caroline was making up a new song and playing her guitar when I started writing this. Something about "now she's not a toddler any more, she's a kid". Don't know if it was autobiographical.

No comments: