Monday, February 26, 2007

Take my day...please

Ack.

Plan was to get out early, go take care of the car regestration renewal and then go to the playground at the Fam Camp.

Needed to do the reg in person because they were only kidding about being able to do it online and if you want to mail it in, you need to get it to them 15 days before the due date. Cuz everybody looks for small print that says the deadline isn't the deadline.

Okay, I'm feeling paranoid so I fight through 17 web pages to make sure I'm supposed to go to the same place I got my driver's license. Good thing, because it's a completely different place. The county tax office!

The kids aren't cooperating so it takes a major meltdown and a lot of time before we get out the door. And guess what? Once again, the automatic door has decided that closing all the way is BORING and is open a crack. Yes, I should have checked the door open light, but sometimes I'm carrying in a lot and only check the doors I opened and closed.

Evan was heartbroken that we had to come back in the house. Since I couldn't sleep last night and had a full list of things to do today, I burst into tears. Mikey and Car decided that the best thing to do was to keep yelling at me to go get the neighbor who had helped us before.

After about 20 minutes, Evan calmed down and I called AAA. 30 minutes later, a guy in an old beat up Chevy came by and got the car started. Got the kids shod again and headed out.

By now it was 1pm. As we got about a mile away, I realized I'd never locked the front door and wasn't even sure it was closed tightly. Looped around home, locked the door and headed to South DR to find the tax office. Of course there was quite a line and only one person let us cut ahead. The kids were being kids, while the signage was coy...more fun. Handed over $70 and got a sticker. Hardly seemed worth it...

Got to the playground after 2pm! 85 degrees and windy, so dusty and dry. I forget how dusty it is out there. Evan and I went down the double slides together: "Ready, Evan?" I asked and he said "One, two, three!" and let go. But we didn't stay for long, since I'd only brought enough water for 11am and 75 degrees, and our brunch was now a distant memory.

Evan fell asleep on the way home but woke up in time to drink half of my medicinal chocolate milkshake. He was grumpy at only having a short nap, so has been in my lap a bunch. I'm now going to start my phone calls!

Tomorrow at 9am M&C have dentist appointments. No problem!

No comments: