Thursday, February 01, 2007

Travel Whine, Part 1 of Many

It's not that I expected traveling with kids to be easy. Esp. not from a small place like this.

What's got me beating my head against the keyboard is 1)that the 2 ways to get a direct flight from Houston are to take a 6am flight from here or pay $200 more per person; 2) because they don't exactly fly DC10s into here, both flights have 3 seats across, two on one side and one on the other. So I guess Mikey and Caroline sit together in front of Evan and I?

So far my best idea is for Mikey, Evan and I to drive while my mom and Caroline fly to Norfolk. Or they fly to Atlanta, that might be better. Hmmm, Mikey and Mom drive to Atlanta while...

I didn't see any direct flights from San Antonio either. So we could drive there and change planes in Houston or Atlanta.

I just wish there were a better option than getting the kids up at 4am and then not being able to sit next to them.

No comments: