Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Numbers

In Caroline's room, we have a poster with the numbers 1-20, which the appropriate number of items with each number. It's a little weird: 5 briefcases, of all things, pentagons and hexagons, but not 5 and six of them. Evan likes to look at it and asks me what the various items are. Then he started asking what the numbers are and now he's telling me what they are. This morning, he looked at my Sudoku book and, amid a whole page of numbers, found an 8 and said "eight"! Cool.

1/26 update: He continues to ask me the names of everything. That's expected, but I keep laughing at being jumped on when he sees my Sudoku book so that he can point to every number on the page and hear the name. He also held up a toy "H" and repeated the name several time.

No comments: